ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Ashram Public School was founded in the year 1987 by a Committee of service oriented and philanthropic people of Kakinada to impart education to all sections of the society.
LOCATION & AMBIENCE:
Ashram Public School is close to JNTUK located in the heart of Kakinada city which is the head quarters of East Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh. The School is spread out on about 11 acres of Mango grove and provides an ideal natural setting with a calm, picturesque and serene environment.
SYLLABUS & MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION:
Ashram Public School is a co-educational, English medium Institute which has started functioning from June 1987. At the time of inception, the School had classes from LKG to class IV which in due course of time progressed into a full-fledged Senior Secondary upto class XII following NCERT prescribed syllabus.
Ashram Public School is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi. Students are prepared for all India Secondary School Examination (AISSE) and All India Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (AISSCE) conducted by CBSE.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
The School aims at training the children as good and useful citizens imbued with high principles, culture and refinement by
- Imparting a sound, moral & intellectual training.
- Awakening intelligence and empowering with scientific temperament.
- Teaching the art of harmonious and disciplined group living.
Ashram Public School provides an academic environment conducive to the intellectual, emotional and physical growth of its students.
MATRU DEVO BHAVA, PITRU DEVO BHAVA, ACHARYA DEVO BHAVA
The School motto is to inculcate in all children reverence for parents teachers and elders.
TRADITIONAL SET UP WITH MODERN FACILITIES:
Ashram Public School exhibits a sustainable development in upgrading its infrastructure over the years which includes Two Libraries, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English, Mathematics and Computer laboratories, Seminar hall facilitated with Audio-Visual equipment, Botanical garden, Art gallery, spacious class rooms aided with latest Technology of Educom Smart class supported by Knowledge Centre (KC), Commendable development and success in academics, sports, cultural and literary activities.
The infrastructure also includes an auditorium with one thousand capacity and an open air theatre.
Ashram Public School has well maintained Play ground independent to Primary and Secondary school children and 200 mts running track, a foot ball court with permanent goal posts, two throw ball courts, one permanent basket ball court with cemented floor, a tennicoit court and a Kho-Kho court besides assembly ground. The school also possesses a mini swimming pool, skating rinket and a well equipped gymnasium with indoor games like Table tennis.
Stationary and books will be available at the School stores.
ACADEMICS AND THE SUBJECTS OFFERED:
The school follows the language formula as per the guide lines laid by CBSE Board Languages.
1st Language : English from LKG
2nd Language : Telugu/Hindi from UKG
3rd Language : Hindi/Sanskrit from 3rd Class
ASSESSMENTS AND PARENT TEACHERS MEET:
As per the latest recommendations of the CBSE Board the School adopted Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) pattern right from Primary level with four Formative Assessments (FA) and two Summative Assessments (SA) in an Academic year. The performance is reported periodically to the Parents and is reviewed at regular Parent-Teachers meets scheduled on Second Saturdays. Necessary remedial measures are taken up.
Promotion to next class is not automatic.
- It will be granted at the end of the Academic year after the Annual Examination only in accordance with the School’s promotion policy.
- 80% of attendance is necessary for promotion into the next class.
- If a pupil’s conduct is not satisfactory and the student doesn’t make any progress in studies, he/she may be asked to be withdrawn.
- Pupils leaving or joining the School in the middle of the terms in case of Transfer or withdrawal of pupil on personal reasons, must pay full Term fees. (even a single day in the Term is counted as middle of the term)
- The admission fee is not refundable.
|Assembly 8.45 a.m|
|Nursery, L.K.G & U.K.G 9.00 a.m to 12.30 p.m|
|I to XII 9.00 a.m to 4.00 p.m|
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES:
The School offers various extracurricular activities in addition to Drawing and Physical Education. Students can choose one activity of their interest and continue in the chosen activity at least for one Academic year.
Dance, Vocal Music, Yoga activities are offered for boys and girls of Classes I to X.
Skating for students of Classes I to V.
Swimming for students of Classes VI to X.
Sewing and Embroidery for the girls of Classes V to X.
The health of the children will be given due importance. Periodic Medical checkup, Dental and Eye checkup will be undertaken and the reports will be communicated to the parents along with the student report books.
Every child should be vaccinated before admission against major diseases like Measles, Polio, Tuberculosis, Diphtheria, Whooping cough, Tetanus and Typhoid. Pupils suffering from infectious diseases will not be permitted to attend School until they are medically fit.
Care will be taken to provide normal medical aid but the school can not be held responsible for any accident or mishap beyond control.
SCHOOL RULES & REGULATIONS:
- All the students are expected to be regular and punctual to school.
- Attendance at School functions is compulsory.
- If the pupil absents himself or herself on the re-opening day of the academic year without prior permission or is absent for a week without submitting leave letter, his or her name will be struck off from the rolls.
- Pupil’s diary shall be used by students to record their school activities and home work assignments, which should be duly signed by the subject teacher as well as the Parent/guardian regularly.
- Parents should make it a point to attend the parent teacher meetings, in order to discuss and keep themselves acquainted with the progress and behaviour of their children.
- No private tuitions may be arranged without consulting the Director in case of our school teachers.
- Only English should be spoken in the School premises.
- Parents can meet the Principal/Director between 3.00 p.m. to 4.00 p.m. on working days with prior appointment only. Parents are not permitted to meet the teachers during working hours.
- Pupils are responsible for the safe custody of their books and belongings.
- Each article should be marked with the pupil’s name and class. Lost and unclaimed articles if found in the campus will be kept in custody of the office manager for one week. If not claimed during that period the school will not take any responsibility of those articles.
- Use of intoxicants and tobacco is strictly forbidden.
- Use of cell phones or any personal electronic devices without permission is prohibited in the campus. All such possessions will be confiscated by the School authorities.
- Students are not allowed to come to school on Motorbikes by themselves.
General guidelines :
- The child should be in complete uniform and be in the school at least 5 min. before the school starts.
- Late comers will not be allowed to enter the class.
- Hair should be neatly combed, regularly trimmed (in case of boys) and washed in order to prevent infestation.
- Nails should be trimmed regularly.
- The diary should be brought to the school daily.
- Students must be up-to-date in their work. The Principal may verify their books at any time.
- Text books and note books should be brought to the school only according to the time table.
- Attendance to the class and school assembly is a “must”.
- Any other items except school books and writing material will not be allowed.
- Cleanliness is not just personal hygiene. Books, lunch boxes, water bottles etc. must be kept clean.
- Keeping the child’s safety in view no child is allowed to wear gold ornaments.
- Any damage done to school property will be compensated by the student concerned.
A minimum of two pairs of School uniform of each colour should be made ready by the time of School re-opening. Monday to Friday regular uniform and on Saturdays white uniform. Boys should have well cropped hair whereas Girls should wear two plaits with black ribbons on regular days and white ribbons on Saturdays. Long hair should be folded up in two plaits.
shirt :- Biscuit colour shirt (Vimal No.31975 and 300)
White colour shirt.
Pants :-Blue Black colour (Vimal No.40151 shade 4)
Pant (Half) – L.K.G to V Class
Pant (Full) – VI to X Class
Skirt :-Long skirt and blouse (as per prescribed pattern) for classes L.K.G to V
Kurtha, Salwar with chunni for classes VI to XII
Shirt/Kurtha :-Biscuit colour shirt/kurtha (Vimal No.31975 shade 300)
Skirt :- Blue Black (Vimal No.40151 shade 4)
Salwar :- Blue Black (Vimal No.31975 shade 64)
Chunni :- Blue Black
Socks :- Red colour (Minimum two pairs)
Shoes :- Black leather shoes, ordinary model (one pair)
White canvas shoes (one pair)
Belt :- School belt with School emblem
Pupils must be tidy and wear clean & pressed uniform. A student will be exempted from wearing the School uniform on his/her birthday. Any other hair style other than that prescribed by the school is not allowed.
Note:- Please check the pictures for the correct dress model.
PATTERN OF UNIFORMS
A : Shirt – L.K.G. to X Class
B : Blouse – L.K.G. to V Class
C : Pant(Half) – L.K.G. to V Class
D : Pant(Full) – VI to X Class
E : Skirt – I to V Class
F : Chudidar – VI to X Class
G : Skirt – L.K.G. & U.K.G.